What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file in alphanumeric format deposited on the hard disk of the Internet user by the server of the site visited or by a third party server (advertising network, web analytics service, etc…). A cookie makes it possible to recognize a visitor when he returns to a website. However, from a technical point of view, the cookie in fact makes it possible to recognize a machine and not really a user. It is thanks to cookies that it is possible to automatically access personalized pages without identifying oneself. Behavioural data is linked to the cookie number and stored on the servers that placed the cookies. A cookie allows a nominative identification only if the Internet user has already registered on the site (within the limit mentioned above).
When you visit our site, information relating to the navigation of your device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) on our site may be recorded in « cookie » files installed on your device. In addition, we may purchase advertising space directly or through our service providers (communication agencies, advertising agencies) in order to promote our activities and our offers on third party sites, by means of advertising content (text, graphics, animations, videos, etc.) disseminated by these sites. Please note that only the issuer of a cookie is likely to read or modify the information contained therein.
1. The cookies we issue on our site
When you connect to our site, we may install various cookies in your terminal allowing us to recognize your terminal’s browser during the validity period of the cookie concerned.
These cookies allow us to :
- to establish statistics and volumes of frequentation and use of the various elements making up our site (sections and content visited, routes), allowing us to improve the interest and ergonomics of our services;
- to adapt the presentation of our site to the display preferences of your terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visits to our site, depending on the hardware and the viewing or reading software that your terminal contains;
- to store information relating to a form you have filled out on our site (registration or access to your account) or to products, services or information you have chosen on our site (contents of an order basket, etc.);
- to allow you to access reserved and personal areas of our site, such as your account, thanks to identifiers or data that you may have previously entrusted to us;
- to implement security measures, for example, when you are asked to reconnect to a content or service after a certain period of time.
2. Third party cookies
Cookies may also be placed by partner companies (third-party cookies). The purpose of these cookies is in particular to identify your centers of interest through the products consulted or purchased on our site and to collect navigation data in order to personalise the advertising offer addressed to you outside the site or to meet specific objectives.
Cookies may also be recorded via our site on your terminal by social networks when you use network buttons (« Facebook », « Pinterest », « Instagram », « Google + » etc….).
3. Cookies placed by us on sites on which our advertisements are present
When you access a site containing one of our advertisements, that advertisement may contain a cookie. This cookie may be stored on your terminal and allow us to recognize the browser on your terminal during the validity period of the cookie concerned.
How do you manage your cookies?
You can choose at any time to express and modify your wishes regarding cookies, by the means described below.
The choices offered to you by your navigation software
You can configure your browser software so that cookies are stored on your device or, on the contrary, that they are rejected, either systematically or according to their transmitter. You can also configure your browser software so that the acceptance or rejection of cookies is offered to you from time to time, before a cookie is likely to be stored on your device.
If you have accepted in your browser software the recording of cookies in your device, the cookies embedded in the pages and content that you have consulted may be stored temporarily in a dedicated area of your device. They will be readable there only by their transmitter.
If you refuse to save the cookies we issue in your terminal, or if you delete the cookies we have saved, you will no longer be able to benefit from a certain number of functionalities that are nevertheless necessary to navigate in certain areas of our site. This would be the case if we could not recognize, for technical compatibility purposes, the type of browser used by your terminal, its language and display settings or the country from which your terminal appears to be connected to the Internet. Where applicable, we decline all responsibility for the consequences related to the degraded functioning of our services resulting from the impossibility for us to record or consult the cookies necessary for their functioning and which you would have refused or deleted.
For the management of cookies and your choices, the configuration of each browser is different. It is described in the help menu of your browser, which will allow you to find out how to change your cookie preferences.
- With the Internet Explorer browser: Open the « Tools » menu, select the « Internet Options » section, click on the « Security » tab, then « Customize level ».
- With the Mozilla browser: Open the « Tools » menu, select the « Options » section, click on the « Privacy » tab.
- With the Chrome browser: Open the « Tools » menu, select the « Options » item, click on the « Advanced Options » tab, then click on the « Content Settings » button, click on the « Cookies » tab.
- With the Safari browser: Open the « Tools » menu, select the « Preferences » item, click on the « Security » tab.
- With the Opera browser : Open the « Tools » menu, select the « Preferences » section, click on the « Cookies » tab.
Your choices expressed online to interprofessional platforms
You can connect to the Youronlinechoices site, proposed by digital advertising professionals grouped within the European association EDAA (European Digital Advertising Alliance) and managed in France by the Interactive Advertising Bureau France.
You will thus be able to find out which companies are registered on this platform and which offer you the possibility of refusing or accepting the cookies used by these companies to adapt to your browsing information the advertisements likely to be displayed on your terminal: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/fr/controler-ses-cookies/.
This European platform is shared by hundreds of Internet advertising professionals and constitutes a centralized interface that allows you to express your refusal or acceptance of cookies that may be used to adapt the advertisements that may be displayed on your device to your browsing information.
Note that this procedure will not prevent the display of advertisements on the websites you visit. It will only block technologies that allow ads to be tailored to your interests.